Do you know why a tour of Poland like this can get you one of the most under-the-radar experiences in Europe?
Because despite all the blog posts, reviews and awesome exposure Poland’s enjoyed for the last, let’s say 5 years, travellers still can’t seem to make heads-or-tails of how to live it like a local.
It’s not just cobblestones and Gothic architecture. Behind all that hides a wonderland virtually untouched by travellers yet.
Guess what? All the stuff that Polish people LOVE… lives in this wonderland. (And it’s so much more than cathedrals, statues and town squares.)
So if you’re serious about deeply authentic travel and genuine, local experiences (away from the hordes of European tourists), I’m patting the seat next to me.
Because you’re not ‘any other traveller’ and as an epicure, you don’t get out of bed for less than chin-deep culture:
- dancing till midnight at village festivals
- picking your own mushrooms straight from the forest floor
- getting smooches from award-winning farm goats
- hand-smoking traditional mountain cheese in a 200 year old hut
- whispering the password for a secret bar behind a mink-stuffed cloakroom
- sneaking a ‘taste test’ pierogi with babcia in her pantry (that’s Polish for ‘nonna’, aka ‘queen of the kitchen’)
- and an experience that no one else has, because no one else has the connections you’ll have.
FYI – we’ve got our cousins, friends and Poland’s favourite food writer itching to whisk you through doors marked ‘private’.
And the four of us would like to personally invite you to come meet it all (including the locals) this year.
All you need to do is show up. Let us take care of everything else.
In A Nutshell:
- Live in the most underrated European nook with a handful of new friends.
- Love 12 days exploring goose farms, gifted chefs’ kitchens and behind locals’ doors.
- Find/see/eat a Poland that makes the internet jealous.
- Travel with Poland’s favourite native food writer and her secret spots.
- Walk the cobblestone roads locals hide in.
- Bulk up your chefing repertoire with national crowd-pleasers.
- Learn the essentials to decipher Polish menus and impress your waiter.
- Drink micro-batch vodka you’d have trouble finding beyond the farm gate.
- Yell “Na Zdrowie!” over the dinner you’ve cooked with our friends and family.
- Travel without a single selfie-stick or megaphone in sight.
- Earn street cred as a true European traveller.
1st-12th September 2020
Where Are We Going?:
Kraków, Warszawa, and the Lakes District
Image credit goes to Malgosia [she’s also a special guest host]
Meet The Food Writer Vogue Headhunted
For Their First Polish Issue
You know those people who can skip the line because the maitre d’ knows them?
That’ll be us.
When you’re on a tour of Poland with Malgosia, doors open and people treat you like family (the side they like best). That’s why we invited her to co-host a few days with us. Oh, and she’s bilingual too so you extract every last drop of your trip.
If you also want a few pro tips on how to take the perfect Instagram pic, she’s got 22,000 followers who say you’ll have photos you almost won’t believe you took yourself.
Getting to know Poland like your lover means you have to travel with locals. Not just any locals – the ones with personal connections. We’ve got you covered.
Did someone say, “roll out the red carpet”?
The trip fee is $9,995 AUD.
Your trip Includes:
- 11 nights at outstanding hotels and farmhouses
- Private, stylish airport transfers and internal transport
- Guided Day Trips to distilleries, family-run farms and mountain ranges
- 8 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 10 Dinners (with new friends, vodka and wine)
- Forest floor picnic, luxury spa day and cultural monument access
- Masterclasses with private chefs
- Authentic market tours and ingredients for the masterclass
- Hosts and special guests you’ll love and can get you talking to the locals
- All tips for drivers and restaurants
- Big Red Phone support for questions and emergencies pre-, on- and post-trip
- Photos from our photographer to keep the memories in full technicolour always
We also have a small number of private rooms available (please add $1,980 AUD). You can note this when requesting to book.
***The trip fee does not include your flight into Krakow or out of Warsaw.***
Think “included upgrades”…
on a biodynamic superfood diet
You know… the little things that just make life better.
That’s a promise. No ifs, ands or buts. Once you’re in, the most important consideration for you is “should I celebrate with Veuve or Moet?” Leave the rest to us.
Did you say, “dripping in character AND the sweet smell of upgraded suites?” Sign me up already!
The “How Did You Know!?”s
If hindsight is 20/20, it’s a good thing we’ve already done it all. A pre-flight check, full dry run and 60 years of travel experience. We’re 3 steps ahead so the only surprises… are good ones.
Human Google Translate
Say ‘no way’ to tourist traps and ‘hello’ to the inner circle because you get bilingual social guests and the 4 of us who speak local too. “Epicures, how do you say ‘this is the best!?’”
4 Personal Concierges
Why 4? Because that’s who we are. We’ve got your back (even at 2.30am). As our guest you’ll have our foreign and local phone numbers, which means access to tips, emergencies and translations from the day you book your trip til your final nostalgic photo swap.
The Moccasin Effect
Because from the minute you request to book, this trip is as comfy as wearing almost nothing at all. We take care of your packing list, customised arrival plan, post-trip re-climatisation guide and even champagne on arrival so all you have to do is… just show up.
Famously Asked Questions
Because this is the important stuff YOU need to know to make this your best trip ever.
Hover over each question and make the answer appear.
How Do We Get Around?
You’re looking at her. (In the background). This is our Mercedes Sprinter, with a private driver and presidential window tinting. Legroom for days and padding like you’re little spoon – this is how Susan Sarandon and Goldie Hawn wished they could road trip.
What If I’m Not Normally A Tour Person?
Oh thank goodness. All of our guests are like you – people you’d invite on a summer vacay. Because that’s what this is: honest travel with incredible people, planned with locals and insider experiences you can’t get anywhere else. Of course, we offer you daily activities, but don’t feel pressured – it’s your trip.
Can I Extend My Stay?
Is a frog waterproof?! (That’s a yes. A big one.) We’ll give you all our great ideas for onward travel. Just ask in your trip request meeting.
Where Are We Staying?
In royal-style castle quarters, a renovated farmhouse and a charming boutique hotel.
Will I Be Too Old, Too Young?
There is no set age for the best people in life. Our guests are those kind of people… they defy age and are anywhere in their 20s to 70s. (Which also happen to have been stellar decades).
What’s On The Menu?
You’ll get to taste plenty of traditional pickled, potato and meat dishes along with more luxury cuts like goose, boar and deer. If you’re gluten free or have a special diet, we have yummy options for you too.